Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 266-September 23, 2014

I will be honest. I have not gotten anything done this week. We have had the grandbaby and seems like that takes all our time. I will be cutting pieces tonight and will start drawing out what I want on them to embroider. I know I can get 40 done by the time Christmas gets here. I will do lizards for the boys and swirlies for the girls. Those seem to be the easiest to do and have less detail so they won't take as long to do. We will either be taking the grandbaby home tomorrow or my stepdaughter (her mother) will be coming up tomorrow. We don't know which yet.


I will also get my handbook out tonight and start looking at how to thread my sewing machine. It has been so long since I have had one that I don't remember. I love having my granddaughter but I don't get anything done when she is here...lol.


I will be putting my website on the poster boards and phone number as well as putting to Google LadyBug Expression by Charity on them. I need to put the pictures of the party favors and baby name plates on my Facebook fan page as well as on my personal page. I need to make my to-do list for this evening that way I can stay focused. I have just stayed so exhausted but I know it needs to be done. After the bookmarks are done I am going to start making some of the things that are in my quilting book that I got from my Granny.


The more I look at things the more I realize that it is going to take me more than the 365 days to get to being a stay at home mom. I will get there. I just need to be able to work full time on it. I will get as many things done as I can and build up an inventory and post the small things that are easy to ship on the website but then sell the larger things at vendor shows and the flea markets. There have even been people set up in parking lots on the side of the street and I am thinking about doing that. I will make a list today of the things that I will make to sell but will not start any of them until I get the bookmarks done. I should have them done in a couple of weeks.


If I were able to work eight hours a day on it like I do my day job I would be up and running and kicking butt already but it is really hard when you are trying to get a business going that is based around handmade items. I may even talk to a few friends when I get my inventory built up and talk them into selling items for me and me pay them a percentage. I would love to start my own direct sales business. Maybe get kits together...lol. That is further down the road I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment