Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 299-October 26, 2014

I spent the entire day at the ball field all day again and didn't get home until after midnight. That was a long day and a long drive. But while there, I finished reading my MK book, thought about a few things and had time to bounce ideas off of hubby on the way home. I know he was tired but he still listened and gave his input. There were a couple of ideas that he thought that I should wait on, like, the 10 party day, until I get a little inventory built up and I have to agree. He did tell me that I need to make signs. Not flyers, but signs. He told me that I have all of that printer paper and post office shipping boxes that are just sitting there. He told me to create and print some signs to put on the car while we are parked, some to post around town and he would help me put them up. I did tell him that I wanted enough inventory built up by the first of next year so that I can set up at his ball tournaments and told him that the kids could help me. He said that would be good and that the kids could help me make goody bags with info and they could hand them out as people walked in the gates and then if they were interested that they could come to the booth when time was good for them. I told him we made a good team.


I did tell him that in the MK "Bible" that Mary Kay does talk about a $35,000 list. I explained the list and he told me that this would be a good thing for me to start doing. But told me that I first needed to make a list of my long term goals and break them down into smaller goals and then create my list from those smaller goals. I was already going to make the list but didn't think about it in that aspect. I told him that the book said that it was important for my family to understand why I am doing this. He understands why. He knows I am not happy with my job and knows I am doing what I feel I need to do to change it. It was amazing to get to go out of town with him this weekend just the two of us (even if most of the time we were on the field) but not so amazing knowing that getting in after midnight that I still had to get up and go to my day job. I told him that there WILL be a day where we can all pick up and go out of town with him and not have to worry about getting up for work the next day or being tired before the trip even begins because of working all day the day we leave. I know I won't be able to really work on my $35,000 list until I get off of work each day but I can and will do this. I also told him that there WILL also be a day where we can wake up, get the kids off to school, get everything done (work wise) and be done by the time the kids get home from school and all the bills be paid and still have money after all is said and done. I am not looking to get rich but I am looking to better myself and my family's situation. I want us to be able to look at a field trip slip from our kids' school and not have to wait until the last minute to pay the fee because we have to wait until one of us gets paid.


I was talking to hubby last night too and told him that I have busted my butt at a job that I am not happy with and pushing forward when I didn't feel like it (being sick, depressed, etc) and did it so that he could get established in a "career" that he loves and enjoys (he umpires baseball and I have never seen him happier) and that now it was time for me to get myself established in a career that I love. He agreed. I told him that I would not quit my job until I knew we could afford it but that I was going to need his help getting started. He is behind me whole heartedly. This will work.


I am going to make my list of long term goals, break them down to short term goals to help me get there and then send to my upline to see where I need to go from here to get there. My upline has been amazing. For the first time in my life I honestly feel like I can do this. It may take me longer than the 365 days stated in the title of this blog but I will still post and keep updates until I get there. Then it will be Day 1 as a sahm. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment