Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 201-July 20, 2014

Well, we spent the weekend in Knoxville and had a ball. It was so relaxing and I got to have some time to not only reconnect with my kids but reconnect with my husband too. It also gave me a chance to clear my head and get my thoughts together and it also made me remember why I am doing what I am doing. I want to be able to just pack up me and the kids and travel with hubby. It was awesome to get to sit at the ball field all day and the kids and I worked on ideas for some crafts to sell. I did take my craft bag with me but didn't work on anything because of spending time with the kids and hubby. The kids were in the pool and hubby and I in the hot tub and the entire trip was paid for by the organization. The only thing we paid for was food and gas. The hotel was covered. It was amazing and relaxing but also in a way it was life altering. Didn't think that I would be relaxed again and be able to feel this good again.

I didn't realized until halfway through the weekend just how far apart our lives had become. The kids always doing activities at the church, hubby always on the field and out of town, me just working and being at home. We were in different lives. It felt good and made hubby and I realize that working is not the only thing here. We need family time. We are a family and it is time that we act like it. I am now more determined to get this craft business off the ground. I have to get back with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment