Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 15-January 15, 2014

Well, I have been thinking about this for a little bit but had been still going strong trying to get my Thirty-One business off the ground to no avail. I have not been able to get parties booked and when I ask my upline all I get is to throw my own party or get family and friends to book. There seems to be a couple of problems with that concept. First, I have tried to get family and friends to book but most of the people that I call friends don't live near me. Second, I live in a trailer that we are remodeling and adding on to so I don't have enough room at home to throw a party. I am not a member of a church so I can't ask to throw one there. I have gone through my upline, asked other consultants, even called the corporate office to get more tips. I tell them up front that I have not been able to get family and friend to book and that I don't have room at my home to throw a party. Their response? "Book with family and friends or book your own." Were they not even listening to me???

I sat with my husband last night and we talked about it. He asked me if I were to forget about booking parties would I be able to get orders from setting up at his baseball tournaments. I thought about it and I have had my products set up before and no one would place orders or even book a party so I told him no. I told him that people don't really want to place orders for things that they can't walk off that moment with the product. With my crafts they can do that. So, after talking for it for about an hour, I made a decision. I have decided to walk away from Thirty-One. The only time I am even able to get orders is when I do a raffle and then it is for gift certificates and then half the time they spend on someone else's website (someone that they know personally and not on FB) and I don't get credit for the gift certificate until they spend it on my website. I am barely making enough to stay active. Then I have to spend $60 every 3 months on the add-on kits for the new season because they change catalogs every 3-4 months. Plus paying $15 a month for my website. Really??? I am paying out a lot more than I am making. Then all the hours that I put in trying to book those parties and get those orders. Seems like you have to work 24/7 to even begin to think about getting somewhere. I am staying stressed to make sure that I stay active. It is not worth it.

So, I have some items on my website on storenvy.com and it is a free website. That fits in my budget. I can work when I want. Don't have to worry about staying active or trying to book parties or doing all the work and then give someone else the majority of the money. I feel really at peace with this decision. Now just to find what kind of bags to put the orders in when I sell them at the games.

I am calling the company LadyBug Expression after my little girls. They are 9 and 8 and I call them my little ladybugs. I have called them that all their lives so it is only fitting. I can set up at the tournaments and work on more crafts while I am there as well as work on them in the stands when I don't feel like setting up at the games. I get to do things my way.

I am listing the website and I hope that you take a moment and look at the items and tell me what you think.

www.lbe.storenvy.com

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool name I will check out your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I named my craft business after what I call my little girls.

    ReplyDelete